Enjoy Halloween candy, the right way!
Americans buy almost 600 MILLION POUNDS of candy every Halloween! That’s a lot of candy!
Your child’s trick-or-treat bag can possibly contain 4,800 calories and around 3 cups of sugar, if they do it right!
Do you (when you sneak and eat the candy) and your child a favor by giving them better options.
Not So Good Choices:
- 1 full size Babe Ruth candy bar has 280 That’s equal to a single-patty hamburger!
- 1 fun size Kit-Kat has 210
- 1 fun size Twix is 125
- A Halloween favorite Candy Corn has 150 calories per ounce!
- 1 ounce of Twizzlers is 101
- 3 Jolly Ranchers are 70 calories all together!
- 1 Dum-Dum pop is 27
- 1 roll of Smarties is 25
- 1 Hershey Kiss is 22
- 1 Starburst (just one, not the pack) is 20
*Hard candies are a good choice because they take longer to consume which makes it less likely that you will consume a lot of them.
**Also, fruit leathers are a good choice if you want to go a healthier route.